Thursday, December 11, 2008

20 Classic Hip-Hop Covers Recreated in LEGO


FormatMag just posted 20 Classic Hip-Hop Album Covers Recreated in Lego. Lego was the shit when I was about 5, and Hip-Hop has been my shit since about '85. So this cracks me up - Lego Rap dudes! I guess you don't have to have a classic album to have a classic album cover and in Legoland everybody seems to be white (and/or gay - check the Gang Starr cover). Also, I don't remember Slick Rick having an album called A.K.A. Ricky D (must be a bootleg), but this is still pretty fresh. Click the links to check the Lego covers.

Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Run DMC - King Of Rock
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
KRS One & Marley Marl - Hip-Hop Lives
Method Man & Redman - Blackout
Common - Be
Outkast - Stankonia
Slick Rick - A.K.A. Ricky D
Wyclef Jean - Carnival
Tha Alkaholiks - Likwidation
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
Ghostface Killah - The Big Doe Rehab
Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design
Mod Def - Danger

Bonus Lego Covers:
T.I. - King
Super Lover Cee & Casanova Rud - Girl, I Got Em Locked
Ol Dirty Bastard - Ni**a Please