Monday, August 11, 2008

Records: Doug E. Fresh & MC Ricky D - "The Show" 12"


This is hands down my favorite 12 inch EVER, which means it is THE GREATEST 12 INCH OF ALL TIME! That is very debatable of course, but I'll debate it until the end of time. There isn't a song in Hip-Hop that I can think of that is sampled more than "La-Di-Da-Di", and "The Show" is an all time club classic. Every time I come across this record I buy it, which means I own 6 or 7 copies. It's too bad these guys never did a whole album together, but that is another reason this record is so classic. This record is the only time they put out music together in the '80's. "6 minutes, 6 minutes, 6 minutes Doug E. Fresh you're on!"

Doug E. Fresh & MC Ricky D
(Reality Records)

A1 "The Show" (Vocal)
A2 "The Show"
B1 "La-Di-Da-Di"
B2 "The Show" (Instrumental)

Produced by Dennis Ball & Ollie Cotton
Co-Produced by Doug E. Fresh