Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rap Treats #58: Old School Hip-Hop Tapes (Website)



In my travels through cyber space I came across a site that really blew me away. It wasn't your average blog. It was strictly dedicated to old school Hip-Hop tapes. I'm not talking about albums on cassette tape, I'm talking about tapes of legendary Hip-Hop events that went down in the early 80's as well as radio shows from the 80's & 90's. My first thought was I have Rap Treats for years to come! But then I thought fuck it, this whole site is a Rap Treat. If you're a rap nerd like myself and love that authentic shit then you're gonna love this site. For the aging B-Boy (or educated young'n) you've hit the jackpot - the Old School Hip-Hop Tapes blog. I'm talking about radio shows like Mr. Magic's Rap Attack, Marley Marl's In Control, DJ Red Alert on KISS FM, and Tim Westwood's Capital Rap Show. Live shows like Grandmaster Flash & Melle Mel @ Christ The King High School in 1980, Kool DJ Herc & Wiz Kid with The Herculoids @ T-Connection in 1981, Treacherous 3 First Anniversary @ Disco Fever in 1981, and Doug E. Fresh's Birthday @ The Rooftop in 1987. There is way too much shit to mention. You really need to spend hours going through all the classic material. Hit the link below for the Treats. Enjoy!

"Keep the spirit of the early days alive!"


Mr. Magic & Marley Marl
Rap Attack w/ Run DMC Pt. 1 & 2