Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rap Treats #100: BIGGIE/Craig Mack - B.I.G. Mack Sampler ('94)


Rap Treat # 100. That's right.

We figured we'd have BIGGIE do the honours for number one hundid. This is the infamous B.I.G. Mack promo cassette that has 6 Craig Mack songs on side A and and 6 BIGGIE SMALLS songs side B. hands down b-side wins again! This was one of the first, if not the first, major promo campaigns that Bad Boy and shit was genius. This tape's gem is the original version of BIGGIE's "Me & My Bitch". Sample clearance issues is said to be the reason this version didn't make the final version of the album. I dig this one much better. It's the version BIGGIE and Puff intended the world to hear but never made it past the promo tape.


BIGGIE/Craig Mack
(Bad Boy Records)

Side A: Craig Mack

1. Project Funk Da World
2. Flava In Ya Ear
3. Real Raw
4. Mainline
5. Like D'atY'All
6. Shinka

Side B: The Notorious B.I.G.

7. Intro
8. Juicy
9. Things Done Changes
10. Ready To Die
11. The What
12. Me And My Bitch (Original Version)
13. Unbelievable




4 comments:

RapFanatic said...

Wow, I'd never heard of this before! Thanks for digging deep and sharing.

Anonymous said...

Any chance of a re-up?

Anonymous said...

yeah plzzzzzz!!!

Mike Cali said...

re uL?